General Knowledge important mcqs for NTS, NTS mcqs with answers
For more computer and MS Office, Synonyms & Antonyms, Direct Indirect, Pair of Words, Idioms, Active Passive Voice from English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Pak Affairs, Mathematics, Computer Sciences mcqs, Past Papers etc. Keep visiting us!
Important Lakes of the world – general knowledge mcqs relating to Lakes
61. Quantas is the national airline of which country?
62. What in Scotland is the meaning of the prefix ‘Inver’?
Ans: River mouth
63. Which US state has the lowest population?
64. Which county is nicknamed the Garden of England?
65. Which African country was formerly called French Sudan?
66. Which sport was originally called ‘soccer-in-water’?
Ans: Water polo
67. Which unit of measurement is derived from the Arabic quirrat, meaning seed?
68. Which Italian city was originally built on seven hills?
69. What does the acronym NAAFI stand for?
Ans: Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes
70. Dolomite is an ore of which metal?
71. Manama is the capital of which country?
72. On which river does Berlin stand?
Ans: River Spree
73. What type of clock was invented in 1656 by Christian Huygens?
Ans: The pendulum clock
74. In which desert is the world’s driest place?
Ans: Atacama (Chile)
75. Which is the world’s saltiest sea?
Ans: The Red Sea
76. …… and which is the least salty?
Ans: The Baltic Sea
77. Which nun won the Nobel prize for peace in 1979?
Ans: Mother Teresa
78. How many points in the pink ball worth in snooker?
79. Which scientist was named ‘Person of the Century’ by Time Magazine?
Ans: Albert Einstein
80. What kind of creature is a monitor?
81. Which medical specialty is concerned with the problems and illnesses of children?
82. Who sailed in Santa Maria?
Ans: Christopher Columbus
83. What name is given to the stiffening of the body after death?
Ans: Rigor mortis
84. Which country was formerly known as Malagasy Republic?
85. Addis Ababa is the capital of which country?
86. The name of which North African city literally means ‘white house’?
87. Of what sort of fish is the dogfish a small variety?
88. Which Asian country was divided at the 38th parallel after World War II?
89. What is the name of the Winter Olympics event that combines cross-country skiing and shooting?
90. Which American science-fiction writer wrote Fahrenheit 451?
Ans: Ray Bradbury
91. For which powerful opiate is diamorphine the technical name?
92. How many dominoes are there in a normal set?
93. Who was cartoonist who created Batman?
Ans: Bob Kane
94. Aerophobia is a fear of flying, agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces, what is acrophobia a fear of?
95. In computing, how is a modulator-demodulator more commonly known?
96. An auger bit is used to drill what type of material?
97. What part of the wheelbarrow is the fulcrum?
Ans: The wheel
98. What C is a device used to determine small lengths, of which a vernier is one type?
99. Rip, chain and band are types of which tools?
100. What calibrated tool was the standard tool for engineers and scientists prior to the invention of the hand-held calculator?
Ans: Slide rule
Jump to section