PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION WRITTEN TEST FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF PPSC INSPECTOR LEGAL (BS-16) HELD IN 2015
PUNJAB POLICE DEPARTMENT PAPERS
INSPECTOR LEGAL (SPECIAL CADRE) BS-16
PAPER: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE MCQS
1. What is the term used to denote the unauthorized and illegal accessing of computer programs, often with criminal intent?
2.Which public holiday is celebrated in the USA on 4 July every year?
(A) Constitution Day
(B) Independence Day ✓
(C) Blacks Day
(D) New Deal
3.Which country in the Middle East is the Hashemite Kingdom?
(A) Jordan ✓
4.Which body of people is sometimes referred to as “the Fourth Estate”?
(C) The Press ✓
5.What is the Richter Scale used to measure?
(C) Earthquake ✓
6.”Kindergarten” refers to?
(A) a Nursery School ✓
(B) a small garden
(C) a children playground
(D) a children’s ward in Hospital
7.What did Burma change its name to in 1989?
(A) Myanmar ✓
8.Which body organ produces Urine?
(C) Kidney ✓
(D) Large Intestine
9.What is meant by ‘Cock and Bull Story’?
(A) true story
(B) a lengthy tale
(C) story told by an idiot
(D) an unbelievable tale ✓
10. Rule of Thumb:
(A) mark of thum on a legal paper
(B) an easily applied procedure for making a determination ✓
(C) an easy choice
(D) an unknown rule
11. Renaissance movement started first in:
(B) Italy ✓
(C) United Kingdom
12. What are Newton’s used to measure?
(A) Gravity ✓
13. What is the most abundant element in the universe?
(A) Hydrogen ✓
14. How many chambers are there in the human heart?
(B) 4 ✓
15. GDP stands for:
(A) Gross Daily Product
(B) Gross Domestic Product ✓
(C) Gross Domestic Purchase
(D) Gross Daily Purchase
16. Hard disk in a computer is a/an?
(A) Output Device
(D) Storage Device ✓
17. A set of instructions that operates various parts of the Computer Hardware is called?
(A) Hardware Manager
(C) Software ✓
18. The Capital of Tajikistan is:
(B) Dushanbe ✓
19. World Water Day is celebrated on:
(A) 22nd March ✓
(B) 22nd June
(C) 22nd July
(D) None of these
20. One who is capable of dealing with many subjects is called:
(C) Versatile ✓
21. What is the one word substitution for a person who is unable to pay his debt:
(D) Insolvent ✓
22. The Great Persian Empire was founded by:
(B) Raza Shah Pehlvi
(C) Cyrus the Great ✓
(D) Shah Abbas
23. The place of Persepolis in Iran was destroyed in 331 B.C. by:
(A) a flood
(B) Alexander the Great ✓
(C) Genghis Khan
(D) Ottoman Turks
24. The Palace of King Nebuchadnezzar was situated in the city of:
(B) Babylon ✓
25. Which vitamin is provided by sunlight to the body?
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin C
(D) Vitamin D ✓