PPSC Labor Officer Solved Past Papers 2016
PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PPSC)
LABOUR OFFICER (BPS-16) IN THE LABOUR AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, 2016
1. “Bronchitis” is a disease related to:
(B) Respiratory tract
(D) Nervous system
2. The functioning of a loudspeaker depends upon its:
(C) Size and Shape
(D) None of them
3. Who introduced “Price Control System” in India for the first time?
(A) Akbar the great
(B) Sher Shah Suri
(C) Aurangzeb Alamgir
(D) Alla-ud-din Khilji
4. River “Rhine” flows in:
5. “7-Habits of the Highly Effective People” was written by:
(A) Anthony Robbins
(B) Dale Carnegie
(C) Stephen Covey
(D) Napoleon Hill
6. One Kilometer is equal to :
(A) 1.0 meters
(B) 10,000 meters
(C) 500 meters
(D) 1000 meters
7. Before Damascus which city was the capital of Muslim Empire?
8. “Bhat* is the currency of.
9. Morocco is the Muslim country Ideated in:
(C) South America
10. The biggest planet in the Solar System is:
11. Which out of the following is not a land-locked country?
12. Legendary Character “Sherlock Holmes” was created by:
(A) Ian Fleming
(B) Agatha Christi
(C) Jane Austen
(D) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13. The smallest country in order of population is:
(A) San Marino
(C) Vatican City
14. “Rabi Crops” are sown in:
(A) October / November
(B) April / May
(C) March / April
(D) July / August
15. Which is the most spoken language of Pakistan?
16. Boundary line between China and India is known as:
(A) McMohan Line
(B) Red Cliff Line
(C) Durand Line
(D) Control Line
17. Islamabad is part of which province?
(D) None of these
18. Russia withdrew from Afghanistan under the:
(A) Moscow Agreement
(B) Islamabad Treaty
(C) Geneva Accord
(D) Kabul Pact
19. “Long Walk to Freedom” is the autobiography of:
(A) Hasan Rohani
(B) Ahmed Mursi
(C) Angela Merkel
(D) Nelson Mandella
20. “Zabur* (Psalms) was revealed upon:
(A) Hazrat Dawood
(B) Hazrat Ibrahim
(D) Hazrat Ismael
21. General Abdul Fateh-al-Sisi is:
(A) Prime Minister of Sudan
(B) A hero of Algerian War of Independence
(C) A central Character of Syrian Civil War
(D) President of Egypt
22. Per Capita water availability in Pakistan is:
23. ‘SAVAK’ was-the secret agency of:
24. The capital of ‘Cyprus’ is:
25. Where is Gomal University located?
(A) Dera Ghazi Khan
(C) Dera Ismael Khan
26. “Buckingham Palace” is the residence of the:
(B) King of Jordan
(C) Secretary General of UNO
(D) Queen of England
27. Netherlands is the new name of:
(C) New Zealand
28. Out of the following literary figures; who represented Pakistan in the UNO?
(A) Faiz Ahmed Faiz
(B) Mustafa Zaidi
(D) Patras Bukhari
29. The headquarters of European Union is at:
30. Which of the following items is a source of Proteins?
(D) All of these
31. Which book out of the following has been written by Mr. ZABhutto?
(A) Betrayal of East Pakistan
(B) Witness to Surrender
(C) What was once East Pakistan
(D) The Great Tragedy
32. “Theory of Evolution’ was presented by:
(A) Simon Bpliver
(B) Charles Darwins
(C) Wemer Heisenbarg
33. The first general elections in Pakistan were held in:
34. Who developed Computer Operating System “Window”?
(A) Steve Jobs
(B) Bill Gates
(C) Warren Buffet
(D) Carlos Slim
35. The Roman Numeral “XVI“ means:
36. The capital of Chile is:
37. “The Sole Spokesman’ was authored by:
(A) Ayesha Jalal
(B) G. Ailana
(C) Hector Bolitho
(D) Fatimah Jinnah
38. White flag is known as a syrhbol for:
39. “Al-Taqseem Square’ is situated in:
40. Which out of the following countries is not a member of SAARC?
41. The National Assembly of Pakistan consists of how many members?
42. Who was the last Governor General of Pakistan?
(A) Ghulam Mohammad
(B) Iskander Mirza
(D) Muhammad Ali Jinnah
43. Out of the following, who has not been Foreign Minister of Pakistan?
(A) Chaudhry Muhammad Ali
(B) Aziz Ahmed
(C) Mian Arshad Hussain
(D) Muhammad Ali Bogra
44. Pakistan’s area is:
(A) 689000 sq. k.m
(B) 534000 sq. k.m
(C) 881889 sq. k.m
(D) 935801 sq. k.m
45. The 1965-indo-Pak War continued for
(A) 19 days
(B) 17 days
(C) 12 days
(D) 10 days
46. Who was the only Viqe-President in the history of Pakistan?
(A) Ghulam Muhammad
(B) Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto
(C) Ghulamlshaque Khan
47. Which city out of the following has the highest mean annual rainfall?
48. “Indus Water Basin Treaty’ was signed between Pakistan and India in:
49. ‘Chashma Barrage” is constructed on which river?
50. Pakistan’s share in global exports is:
51. The number of Prophets whose names are mentioned in the Holy Quran is:
52. The name of the first Kalima is:
(A) Kalima Tayyabah
(B) Kalima Shahdat
(C) Kalima Tamjeed
(D) None of these
53. The largest number of “Ahadith” was reported by:
(A) Syeda Ayesha Siddiquea (RA)
(B) Hazrat Abu Huraira (RA)
(C) Hazrat Ali (RA)
(D) HazratAns bin Malik
54. Who translated the Holy Quran to Persian for the first time?
(A) Shah Rafi-ud-Din
(B) Shah Wall Ullah
(C) Khalid bin Waleed
(D) Mujadid Alf Sani
55. On which of the following occasions, the Muslims offer “Namaz-e-Kasuf?
(A) For the sake of rain
(B) At the time of eclipse of sun
(C) At the time of eclipse of moon
(D) At the time of drought
56. The only “Surah” of the Holy Quran which is not started with “Bismillah” is:
(A) Surah Al-Ahzab
(B) Surah Al-Taubah
(C) Surah Al-Jinn
(D) None of these
57. What do you understand by “Al-Fay”?
(A) Lands cultivated by Muslims
(B) Lands conquered by Muslims which became the property of the Islamic state
(C) Lands located in a Muslim state but cultivated by non-Muslims.
(D) The uncultivated land of the Islamic state
58. 1/4 of a number subtracted from 1/3 of the number gives 12. The number is:
59. What is the sum of all prime numbers from 60 to 80?
60. 5005-5000+10.00 =?
61. Which of the following fractions is less than and greater than 7/8 and greater than 1/3?
62. Find the square root of 6492304
63. /176 + /2401 is equal to:
64. Which of the following ratios is the largest?
65. ______ if a number is increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%, the final value of the number:
(A) doesn’t change
(B) decreases by 2%
(C) increases by 2%
(D) increases by 4%
66. If 70% of students in a school are boys and the number of girls is 504, the number of boys is:
(D) None of these
67. If 4X + 13=7-2X, what is the value of X?-10
68. Which word out of the following is nearest in meaning to “paucity”?
69. “Carnivore” means:
(A) a heart throb
(B) a regular movie watcher
(C) an eater of flesh
(D) a wide-travelled person
70. Terrorism will _______ in the course of time.
(B) die down
(C) die away
(D) die off
71. Which out of the following alternatives best expresses the meaning of “impediment”?
72. Which one is correctly spell out of the following?
73. Select the word that is opposite in meaning to “Stimulus”:
74. Which word out of the following is similar in meaning to “Nefarious”?
75. Which option conveys the correct meaning of this sentence “This medicine can be used even by Children”:
(A) Only Children can use this medicine’
(B) Adults cannot use this medicine
(C) Everybody can use this medicine
(D) Both children and adults can use this medicine
76. A “multinational” means:
(A) A company operating in several countries
(B) A company having snare holders from more than one country
(C) A company which does charitable work in poor countries
(D) A company that operates only in those countries that do not have import restrictions
77. “Stalemate” is:
(D) None of these
78. Which convention of ILO deals with the subject of Home Based Workers (HBWS)?
79. In Punjab, two Labour Appellate Tribunals are established at:
(A) Faisalabad and Sialkot
(B) Lahore and Multan
(C) Lahore and Faisalabad
(D) Lahore and Rawalpindi
80. In extra-ordinary circumstances, an employee is bound to inform his employer regarding his absence (to obtain casual leave) within:
(A) a week
(B) 3 days
(C) a month
(D) 5 days
81. Which Article of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan prohibits all forms of forced labour?
82. The Punjab Industrial Relations Act; 2010 extends to the:
(A) notified industrial areas
(B) registered industrial units
(C) whole of the Punjab
(D) None of these
83. A strike declared, commenced or continued other than is accordance with the provisions of the Punjab Industrial Relations Act, 2010 is an:
(A) Unauthorized strike
(B) Unfair strike
(C) Informal strike
(D) Illegal strike
84. Minimum, how many workers of an establishment are required to form a Union under the law?
85. To which officer the’ application for establishing a union is submitted as per law?
(B) Secretary Labour
86. A learner who is paid an allowance during the period of training is termed as:
87. The time during which the workers employed are at the disposal of employer excluding any interval allowed for rest and meals Is called:
(A) Duty hours
(B) Productive hours
(C) Work hours
(D) Hours of work
Discussion about this post