Interview Tips and Guidance for Successful Interviews
In this post we are incorporating some interview Tips and Guidance, preparations, things to do, things to avoid, mostly asked questions, interview best practices for successful interviews for PPSC/ FPSC, other jobs.
- Do research on your subject before the interview.
- Practice interviewing by asking question from yourself. It might be better if you take help from one of your friend.
- Best English skills is the key to success.
- Go alone for practice.
- Be prepared to meet other candidates and consider interview tips and guidance strictly.
- Remember your education, training and experience—what you have done.
- Remember all the skills, abilities and talents you possess that will make you an excellent employee.
- Study General books, news paper etc.
- Assemble all necessary papers/documents.
- Keep in mind all your past experience of interviews, and try to avoid all the mistakes you did before.
- How will you introduce yourself?
- Have you researched for the post for which you are going to be interviewed?
- Why you consider yourself most suited person for the post?
- Why do you feel you can do the job?
- What makes you qualified for the job?
- Do you know about job responsibilities?
- All clothes should be neatly pressed. Try to wear new clothes.
- Clean, polished shoe.
- Clean and well-groomed hairstyle.
- Clean, trimmed fingernails.
- Empty pockets – no noisy coins.
- No gum, candy or cigarettes.
- On interview morning, give extra 30 minutes to your appearance.
- This is the most important point in interview, failing which can out you from the list. So give much time to know about yourself. You must prepare and keep in mind these interview tips and guidance.
4.1 Personal and Education
This part is used to give the interviewer relevant information concerning you personally and about your educational background. This does not include personal information such as marital status, children, etc. The education should be either the latest obtained and/or major field if relevant to job objective keeping in view interview tips and guidance.
4.2 Past /Present Experiences
This part is used to share with the interviewer past and present work experiences relevant to the job objective.
4.3 Life / Career Objectives
This part is about your life / Career objectives. These objectives should relevant to the job.
4.4 Why you are here ?
You have the knowledge and work experience relevant to the job, that’s why you are here.
5. Appearing before the interviewer / during interview
- Introduce yourself with friendly speeches.
- Show interest in what the interviewer is saying, by nodding your head and leaning toward him/her occasionally.
- Give positive answers to negative-based questions.
- Make frequent eye contact.
- Keep a smile on your face during the interview.
- Answer politely, and try to relax.
- Admit when you don’t know.
- Provide accurate information.
- Keep friendly environment with the interviewers.
- Listen carefully to the questions asked. Ask the interviewer to restate a question if you are confused.
- Answer the questions in the language in which you are asked.
- Don’t try to be over confidant.
- Make positive statements as per interview tips and guidance.
- Poor personal appearance.
- Lack of interest.
- Poor knowledge about your future and past experience.
- Poor eye contact with the interviewer.
- Irrelevant answers to a question keeping all interview tips and guidance in mind.
- Inability to express self clearly; poor voice, poor diction, poor grammar.
- Lack of planning for a career, no purpose or goals.
- Lack of confidence and poise, nervous, ill at ease.
- Making excuses.
- Lack of maturity.
- Errors in Application Form
7. Closing Interview Tips and Guidance
- Thanks to the interviewers for their time.
- Say Good bye/ Salam/ Khuda Hafiz at leaving the chair