FPSC Civilian Labour Officer in Ministry of Defence Solved Past Paper 2007
Test of FPSC Civilian Labour Officer also includes mcqs from Computer and MS Office, Synonyms & Antonyms, Direct Indirect, Pair of Words, Idioms, Active Passive Voice from English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Pak Affairs, Mathematics mcqs, etc. FPSC Civilian Officer Past Paper is given below:
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION JUNIOR CIVILIAN OFFICER IN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE – BPS-16 (2007)
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, PAKISTAN STUDIES, ISLAMIC STUDIES, ISLAMIAT
FPSC Civilian Labour Officer in Ministery of Defence Page-01
Fill In the blanks:
1. Famous Novel “Pride and Prejudice” is written by _______
(A) Jane Eyre
(B) Jane Austen ✓
(C) Emily Brounte
2. They the office at 5 o’clock last evening.
(A) had left
(B) had beet leaving
(C) left ✓
3. He _____movies regularly but now he prefers dramas.
(A) was used to watch
(B) used to watch ✓
(C) uses to watch
4. His father for ten years now.
(A) is dead
(B) has been died ✓
(C) was dead
(D) has died
5. I wish I how to play violin.
(B) knew ✓
(C) would know
(D) will know
6. It has been raining for the past five days. I wish it
(A) stopped to rain.
(B) stopped raining. ✓
(C) would stop raining.
(D) were to stop raining.
7. I cannot remember where my coat.
(A) I would have left
(B) did I leave
(C) Heft ✓
(D) Was I made to leave
8. I trouble with my bicycle these days
(A) have bebn experiencing ✓
(C) had been experienced
9. When the clock struck six, I ,for ver an hour.
(A) have waited
(B) had to wait
(C) shall have waited
(D) had been waiting ✓
10. He will win the race if he running regularly.
(A) practices ✓
(B) would practise
(C) will practice
(D) will be practiced
11. Rising prices immediate measures.
(A) call for ✓
(B) all over
(C) call in
(D) call forth
12. I will you on next Sunday.
(A) call on
(B) call in
(C) call at ✓
(D) call for
13. Rana said, “I am well”.
(A) Rana said, that I am well.
(B) Rana said that he is well. ✓
(C) Rana said that he was well.
14. I said, “I will read”.
(A) I said that I shall read.
(B) I said that I will read.
(C) I said that I would read. ✓
15. He said to me, “You are dishonest”.
(A) He said to me that I am dishonest.
(B) He told to me that I am dishonest.
(C) He told me that I was dishonest. ✓
16. She said, “The earth goes round the Sun”
(A) She said that the earth went round the Sun.
(B) She said the earth goes round the Sun.
(C) She said that the earth goes round the Sun. ✓
17. He said, “True friends are but few”.
(A) He said”that true friends were but few.
(B) He said that true fiends are but few. ✓
(C) He said true friends are but few.
18. “Have patience”, I said to her.
(A) 1 said that she should have patience. ✓
(B) I told her to have patience.
(C) It said that she had patience.
19. He replied, “I have promised to help them”.
(A) He replied that he has promised to help them.
(B) He replied that he had promised to help them. ✓
(C) He replied that he promised to help them.
20. She said to me, “Will you accompany me”?.
(A) She said whether I can accompany her.
(B) She asked me if l-would accompany her. ✓
(C) She said that I would accompany her.
FPSC Civilian Labour Officer Past Paper – Mathematics Page-02
21. 65% of a number is 21 less than four-fifth of what number. What is the number?
(C) 140 ✓
22. A man has Rs. 480 in the denominations of one-rupee notes, five-rupee notes, and ten-rupee notes. The number of notes for each denomination is equal. What is the total number of notes that he has?
(D) 90 ✓
23. An article is sold for Rs.45 for a loss of 10 % It is sold at Rs.65, the gain percent is
(D) 30 ✓
24. A batsman scored 120 runs which included 9 boundaries and 4 sixes. What percent of his total socore did he makes.
(B) 50% ✓
25. Iqbal sells a shirt at a profit of 25 %. Had he bought it at 25 % less and sold it for Rs.25 less, he would have gained 25 %, The cost price of the shirt is
(A) Rs.60 ✓
(D) Rs. 100
26. What 40 % of a number is added to 42, the result is the number itself. The number is
(A) 70 ✓
27. 24 % of 44 + 12 % of 22 =?
(B) 13.2 ✓
28. If 3712 of a number is 45, then 8712 % of the number will be
(A) 105 ✓
29. A dealer purchases 22 pencils for Rs.20 and sells them at the rate of 10 pencils for Rs.11. His profit percent is
(C) 21 % ✓
(D) 22 %
30. A toy is sold for Rs.220. What was the cost of the rate of profit was 10% of the cost?
(B) Rs.198 ✓
31. A fruit seller buys oranges at the rate of 12 for Rs.20, for how much should he sell one orange to gain 20 %
(A) Rs. 1.50
(B) Rs.2 ✓
32. In a group of buffaloes and ducks, the number of legs are 24 more than twice the number of heads. What is the number of buffaloes in the group?
(B) 12 ✓
33. 0.26 + 100 = ?
(A) 0.0026 ✓
34. A fires 5 shots to B’s 3 but A kills only once in 3 shots while B kills once in 2 shots. When B has missed 27 times, A has killed:
(A) 60 birds
(B) 30 birds ✓
(C) 90 birds
(D) 72 birds
35. If 10 men can do a piece of work in twenty days, how long will it take 9 men to do the job if they work at the same rate?
(A) 21 days
(B) 22 days
(C) 25 days ✓
(D) 26 days
36. If 311 of a number is 22. What is 611 of that* number?
(D) 44 ✓
37. Which number is divisible by both 4 and 9?
(A) 2,178 ✓
(B) 1 311
38. 148 is divisible “by:
(B) 37 ✓
39. A bag contains 9 KG of sugar which his separated into packages containing 450 game each. How many such packages can be made?
(C) 20 ✓
40 Find unit digit in (515)31 + (515)90:
(A) 0 ✓
FPSC Civilian Labour Officer – General Knowledge Page-03
41. The planet between Earth and Mercury is
(A) Venus ✓
42. Can you name the three planets of the Solar system which have no satellites?
(D) All of A,B,C ✓
43. The velocity of sound is largest in
(C) Steel rod ✓
44. A device which converts chemical energy into electrical energy:
(B) moving-coil meter
(D) battery ✓
45. Liquids are
(A) poor conductors of heat ✓
(B) good conductors of heat
(C) worst conductors of heat
(D) perfect insulators
46. If an iron piece remains exposed to air and dampness, it gets rust on it. Scientifically speaking, rust is
(A) iron oxide ✓
(B) a kind of moss
(C) corrosive quality of damp air
(D) the natural wearing of iron
47. Which of the following air carries no moisture?
(A) dry air ✓
(B) warm air
(C) cool air
(D) icy wind
48. Frost is not formed generally on cloudy nights. Reasons?
(A) Absence of water vapour in the air;
(B) Clouds generate air currents and disturbances which do not promote frosty conditions
(C) Clouds prevent radiation and therefore help the ground temperature remain higher ✓
(D) moisture of air has been sucked away by the clouds
49. Lightning is caused when
(A) similar charges of electricity rush towards each other
(B) opposite charges in different clouds break down the resistance offered by the intervening air ✓
(C) clouds strike against impurities in air and result in a gigantic frictional flare-up
(D) earth exerts a pull on the floating clouds
50. Sun is a :
(A) star ✓
(C) high blood pressure ✓
(D) low blood pressure
52. As a person becomes older, his blood pressure generally?
(A) increases ✓
(C) remains the same
53. Roentgen rays are
(A) alpha rays
(B) sun rays
(C) electromagnetic rays
(D) X-rays ✓
54. Sound travels in Water than in air
(A) much faster ✓
(B) much slower
(C) at no difference
55 What is an echo?
(A) a natural phenomenon that defies an explanation
(B) a repetition of one’s own voice
(C) a sound repeated by reflection ✓
(D) the proof that dead matter can speak
56. Kinetic energy is the energy that is produced by the fact of
(A) nuclear explosion
(B) human effort
(C) any movement of an object ✓
(D) water power
57. Can you name the scientist who first of all did some, experiments with gravity? Laws of Gravhtation came much later.
(C) Galileo ✓
58. Mercury is an unusual substance because it is
(A) a metal but in liquid form
(B) liquid at room temperature
(C) extremely sensitive to temperature variations
(D) All of A,B,C ✓
59. A clear sky is blue because?
(A) red light is scattered more than blue
(B) ultra violet light has been absorbed
(C) blue light is scattered more than red ✓
(D) blue light has been absorbed
60. Whale, the largest sea-animal, breathes through its
(B) lungs ✓
FPSC Civilian Labour Officer in Ministry of Defence – Islamiyat Page-04
61. Kitab-ul-Khraj was authored by?
(A) Abu Yousaf, ✓
(B) Imam Shafi
(C) Imam Hanifa
(D) Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal
Kitāb al-Kharāj (Book of taxation) is a classic text on fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), written by Abū Yusūf Yaʿqūb Ibrāhīm al-Anṣārī al-Kūfī (died 798; 182 A.H.) at the request of the Abbasid caliph Hārūn al-Rashīd (763 or 766-809).
62. Wasal Bin Ata was the founder of the sect?
(B) Muatzilla ✓
63. Imam Hanifa died in?
(A) 710 ✓
64. “Ahyay-i-Ulum” was authored by?
(B) Gazali ✓
(C) Bu Ali Sina
(D) Jabir Bin Hayyan
65. Real name of Abu Hanifa was?
(C) Numan Bin Sadth ✓
Abū Ḥanīfa al-Nuʿmān b. Thābit b. Zūṭā b. Marzubān (Arabic: أبو حنيفة نعمان بن ثابت بن زوطا بن مرزبان; c. 699 – 767 CE), known as Abū Ḥanīfa for short, or reverently as Imam Abū Ḥanīfa by Sunni Muslims, was an 8th-century Sunni Muslim theologian and jurist of Persian origin, who became the eponymous founder of the Hanafi school of Sunni jurisprudence, which has remained the most widely practiced law school in the Sunni tradition. He is often alluded to by the reverential epithets al-Imām al-aʿẓam (“The Great Imam”) and Sirāj al-aʾimma (“The Lamp of the Imams”) in Sunni Islam.
66. Abu Yousaf received spiritual education from?
(A) Abu Hanifa ✓
67. Musa Al-Khwarzmi was?
(C) Geographer ✓
68. Real name of Imam Sha’fi was?
(B) Muhammad Bin Idrees ✓
(C) Ahmad Bin Hambli
69. Madrisa Nazamia Baghdad was founded in?
(C) 1065 ✓
70. Wazir of Halaku Khan was?
(A) Nasir-uddin Tusi ✓
(B) Khalid Brmki
(C) Abu Salma
71. Hazrat Sheikh Ali Bin Usman Hajweri (Data Ganj Bukhsh) came to India during the time of
(D) Ghaznavi ✓
72. Akbar was a great builder. He constructed and founded.
(A) Agra Fort
(B) Gujrat Fort
(C) Tombof Humayun
(D) All of these ✓
73. Anjuman-e-Himayat-e-lslam was established on 24th December:
(C) 1884 ✓
74. The Mohammad Educational Conference was founded in:
(B) 1886 ✓
The Muslim League was born in the 20th session of All India Muhammadan Educational Conference, which was established by Syed Ahmed Khan in Aligarh in 1886.
75. Maulana Abut Kalam Azad launched:
(B) Al-Hilal ✓
(D) Muslim Defense
In October 1920, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was elected as a member of foundation committee to establish Jamia Millia Islamia at Aligarh in U. P. … He served as Congress president from 1940 to 1945, during which the Quit India rebellion was launched.
76. The Jallianwala Bagh incident took place on 13th April:
(D) 1919 ✓
77. The pamphlet “Now or Never” was written by:
(A) Allama Iqbal
(B) Chaudhry Rehmat Ali ✓
(D) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
The “Pakistan Declaration” (titled Now or Never; Are We to Live or Perish Forever?) was a pamphlet written and published by Choudhary Rahmat Ali, on 28 January 1933, in which the word Pakstan (without the letter “i”) was used for the first time and was circulated to the delegates of the Third Round Table Conference in 1932.
78. Which of the following term was not agreed by the British following the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of 1931-
(A) Lifting of ban over Congress. ✓
(B) Complete abolition of tax on salt production in India
(C) Permitting peaceful picketing of liquor arid foreign doth shops
(D) Restoration of the confiscated properties of the satyagrahis
79. The main purpose of the “Communal Award” announced by the British Prime Minister Ramsey Macdonald
on 4 August 1932 was
(A) To grant separate electorates to minority communities in India, including Muslims, Sikhs, and Dalits in India ✓
(B) To grant separate pay scales to different communities in government service in India.
(C) To grant awards to distinguished members of minority communities in India including Muslims, Sikhs and Dalits.
(D) None of these
80. At the time of independence from the British, Indian sub-continent comprised of Princely or Native States which numbered:
(D) 572 ✓
FPSC Civilian Labour Officer in Ministry of Defence Page-05
81. Father of former US Secretary of Stale, Madeline Albright was also a member of the UN Commission on India and Pakistan and author of the book “Danger in Kashmir”. What was his name?
(A) Joseph Albright
(B) Joseph Korbel ✓
(C) Owen Dixon
(D) Alistair Lamp
82. Former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Muhammad, was by education a(n):
(C) Political Scientist
(D) Medical Doctor ✓
83. Epistemology is the study of:
(A) Knowledge ✓
84. Who was the leader of the 1958 coup in Iraq, which led to proclamation of Iraq as a Republic?
(A) Saddam Hussain
(B) Nuri Al Said
(C) Abdul Karim ✓
(D) Fagnel Jama
85. Major Shabbir Sharif was awarded Nishan-e-Haider posthumously. Which other model for bravery was he awarded during his career in the Army.
(D) Sitar-e-Jurat ✓
86. Which Indian personality served as the President of the UN General Assembly in 1953-54?
(A) S. Radha Krishhan
(B) Gopalswamy Ayyengar
(C) V.K Krishna Menon
(D) Vijayalakshami Pandit ✓
87. In which organ of the United Natrons all member states of the UN are represented?
(A) Economic and Social Council
(B) General Assembly ✓
(C) Security Council
(D) Human Rights Council
88. Ustad Allah Baksh was a famous of Pakistan.
(A) Classical singer
(B) Sitar Player
(C) Tabla Player
(D) Painter ✓
89. Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz holds a Masters degree in Development Economics from
(A) Cambridge University
(B) Harward University ✓
(C) Columbia University
(D) Karachi University
90. Which is Pakistan’s Major Export?
(D) Cotton ✓
91. UNFCC (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change) was adopted during the Earth Summit at Rio de Janero (1992). When did it come in force?
(A) March 1994 ✓
(B) August 1295
(C) October 1996
(D) January 1994
92. De Beers is one of the biggest name in diamond industry. Who was the founder of De Beers Consolidated Mining Company?
(A) John Cecil Rhodes ✓
(B) Joseph D Rockefeller
93. When was hover dam constructed?
(B) 1936 ✓
94. Red sea and Mediterranian Sea are connected by which canal?
(B) Suez Canal ✓
(C) Kiel canal
95. Atlantic ocean and Pacific Ocean are connected by which canal?
(A) Kiel canal
(B) Panama canal ✓
(C) Suez canal
96. How many types of canals are there in the world?
(A) 3 ✓
97. “Wetland canal” is located in which country?
(B) Canada ✓
98. “Hingol dam” is being constructed in which province of Pakistan?
(D) Balochistan ✓
99. Volga river flowj in which country?
(A) Russia ✓
100. “Bosheen dam” is located in which country?
(A) Peru ✓