PPSC Assistant Past Papers Punjab Police Department 2017
A past paper is an examination paper from a previous year or previous years, usually used either for exam practice or for tests. Exam candidates find past papers valuable in test preparation. PPSC Assistant Past Paper conducted by Punjab Public Service commission one paper mcqs exams.
1. The “Nisab” of Zakat is:
(A) 52 1/2 tolas silver or 7 1/2 tolas tola ✓
(B) 53 1/2 tolas silver or 10 tolas told
(C) 52 1/2 tolas silver or 7 tolas told
(D) None of these
2. Last Annual Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organization was held during June 2017, at the location of
(A) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
(B) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
(C) Astana, Kazakhstan ✓
(D) Beijing, China
3. The car front is slowing down.
(A) in ✓
4. ‘Nippon’ is the stock exchange market of:
(A) Tokyo ✓
(C) New York
(D) None of these
5. Name the princely State other than Kashmir which caused a dispute between India & Pakistan:
(B) Junagadh ✓
6. Which type of milk is generally lowest in fat?
(A) Full cream
(D) Skimmed ✓
7. In which Heaven “Bait-ul-Ma’mur” is situated?
(D) 7th ✓
8. Who among the following was not Head of the State during World War Second?
(A) Winston Churchill
(B) Theodore Roosevelt ✓
9. What fraction of a cake remains when its 2/8 part has been eaten?
(A) 3/4 ✓
10. Basic Democracies System was for the first time implemented in Pakistan in the year.
(C) 1960 ✓
11. From the following, find the correct punctuated sentence
(A) Shakespeares Hamlet is a play for all ages
(B) Shakespeare Hamlet is a play for all ages
(C) Shakespeares’ Hamlet is a play for all ages
(D) Shakespeare’s Hamlet is a play for all ages ✓
12. The zoo had some lions and some parrots. The supervisor counted 15 heads and 50 legs. How many lions were there?
(B) 10 ✓
13. Choose the correct option: The students who had the flu had a(n) reason for missing school. They normally have perfect attendance, and their absence that day was a(n)
(A) Unwarranted anomaly
(B) Legitimate aberration ✓
(C) Unjustifiable travesty
14. The first session of the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan was held on
(A) 11 Aug 1947 ✓
(B) 14 Aug 1947
(C) 30 Aug 1947
(D) 6 Sep 1947
15. Gomal University is in:
(B) D.G. Khan
(D) Dera Ismail Khan ✓
16. The Tool used for finding a similar word in a Document is called:
(B) Thesaurus ✓
17. Diamer Bhasha bam is being constructed in:
(B) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
(C) Gilgit-Baltistan ✓
18. Earth’s axis at present is titled by:
(A) 23.5 degree ✓
(B) 25 degree
(C) 21 degree
(D) 21.5 degree
19. Appreciation is to Reward as Crime is to
(B) Punishment ✓
20. The 8th BRICS Summit meeting was held in India on 15-16 October 2016, which countries comprise the BRICS group?
(A) Belgium, Russia, India, Canada, Spain
(B) Bangladesh, Russia, India, China, Sri Lanka
(C) Brazil, Russia, India, China, Scandinavia
(D) Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa ✓
21. What it the moaning of the Idiom/proverb “To be at loggerheads”
(A) To cooperate with enemies
(B) To be in strong disagreement or dispute ✓
(C) To face stiff opposition
(D) To tax one’s mind and body
22. Which PowerPoint feature allows the user to create a simple presentation quickly?
(A) Auto Content Wizard ✓
(B) Transition Wizard
(C) Chard Wizard
23. Who Is called the ‘Father of Computers’?
(A) Charles Babbage ✓
(B) Thomas Kurtz
(C) Konrad Zuse
(D) Bill Gates
24. Which body of people is sometimes referred to as “The Fourth Estate”?
(C) The Press ✓
25. Name of the prophet who is known by the title of Israel?
(A) Hazrat Yaqoob (AS) ✓
(B) Hazrat Yousuf (AS)
(C) Hazrat Ishaaq (AS)
(D) Hazrat Moosa (AS)
26. The headquarters of the European Union is at:
(B) Brussels ✓
27. Headquarter of Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific is located in:
(C) Bangkok ✓
28. Which UN agency deals with matters relating to children?
(B) UNICEF ✓
29. The element which is most abundant in the Earth’s crust is:
(D) Oxygen ✓
30. Rann of Kutch is situated:
(A) North of Gilgit
(B) South of Tharparkar ✓
(D) South of Wana
31. 3.29 x 1000 equals to:
(D) 3290 ✓
32. The Synonym of “Conjecture” is:
(C) To guess ✓
(D) To claim
33. The caste system In the subcontinent, was first established by the:
(A) Aryans ✓
34. Ayat ul Kursi is part of which Surah?
(B) Al-Baqarah ✓
35. Fill in the blanks: Salma was ill, fever.
(C) with ✓
36. (2 2)3=?
(A) 64 ✓
37. Which one of the following countries is not a member of OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries)?
(D) UK ✓
38. Find the odd one out 13, 41, 43, 47, 53, 61, 71,73,81
(D) 81 ✓
39. Who had coined the phrase “Survival of the fittest”.
(A) Charles Darwin ✓
(B) Herbert Spencer
(C) Alfred Wallace
(D) Erasmus Darwin
40. What is the meaning of Al Hadi mentioned in the Holy Quran?
(A) The Light
(B) The Eternal
(C) The Rich
(D) The Guide ✓
41. I was angry at the way they reacted.
(A) about ✓
42. One metric ton contains kilograms.
(D) 1000 ✓
43. Where do the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean meet?
(A) Cape of Good Hope ✓
44. There has been a complete break of law and order in the country.
(C) Down ✓
45. A Senator is elected in Pakistan for:
(A) 4 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 6 years ✓
(D) 7 years
46. The British Government announced the annulment of Partition of Bengal in
(B) 1911 ✓
47. Pick out the name of the prayer which is preceded by Azaan?
(A) Namaz iJanaza
(D) Zuhar Prayer ✓
48. Choose the synonym of “Nonchalant”:
(C) Dispassionate ✓
46. “A* sold a pen for Rs. 180. This was Rs. 60 less than what “A” paid for It. What was A’s loss as a percentage of his cost price?
(A) 25% ✓
50. Which is the largest gulf in the world?
(A) Gulf of Mexico ✓
(B) the Gulf of Aden
(C) the Gulf of Riga
(D) Gulf of Thailand
51. What is the significance of 17 August 1988 in Pakistan’s history?
(A) Prime Minister Junejo’s Government was dismissed
(B) Gen. Zia ul Haq died in a plane crash ✓
(C) No-confidence motion against Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was moved
(D) Parliament was dissolved by General Zia ul Haq
52. Which of the following is not a main organ of the United Nations?
(A) ILO ✓
(B) Security Council
(C) General Assembly
(D) International Court of Justice
53. The world’s biggest bird is:
(D) Ostrich ✓
54. Who among the following died a natural death?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Indira Gandhi
(C) Sanjay Gandhi
(D) None of these ✓
55. Liaqat Ali Khan was assassinated in:
(C) 1951 ✓
56. Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) named as “Ahmed”, in which Surah of Holy Quran?
(A) Surah Al-Saff ✓
(B) Surah Al-Mohammad
(C) Surah Al-Anbia
(D) Surah Al-Baqarah
57. Which of the following was constructed by Emperor Shah Jahan?
(A) Shalimar Garden ✓
(B) Badshahi Mosque
(C) Both A and B
(D) None of these
58. Complete the saying “Truth is stranger than
(A) The news
(D) Fiction ✓
59. Which of the following helps to reduce spelling errors In a document being typed?
(B) Auto Correct ✓
(C) Smart Tags
(D) Auto Text
60. A man bought 27 apples, 2/6 of them are bad. How many are good?
(B) 21 ✓
61. Presidency of the UN Security Council rotates among the Member States of the Council:
(A) Every 6 months
(B) Every 3 months
(C) Every year
(D) Every month ✓
62. Who resigned from the Imperial Legislative Council in protest against the Rowlett Act?
(C) Quaid-i-Azam ✓
(D) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
63. Short-sightedness can be corrected by:
(A) Convex lens
(B) Concave lens ✓
(C) Convex-concave lens
(D) Concave-convex lens
64. Who is the current President of France?
(A) Nicolas Sarkozy
(B) Emmanuel Macron ✓
(C) Jacques Chirac
(D) Georeges Pompidou
65. The cultural centre of Ganjlhara Civilization is:
(B) Taxila ✓
(D) Mohenjo Daro
66. Which of the following is not related to disarmament?
(D) NATO ✓
67. Name the first Pakistani female Cricketer to take 100 ODI wickets:
(A) Sana Mir ✓
(B) Javeria Khan
(C) Marina Iqbal
(D) Sadia Yousaf
68. After the creation of Pakistan, the first Radio Station was established at:
(B) Karachi ✓
69. Antonym of “Economy” is:
(D) Extravagance ✓
70. The Muslims of Mindanao islands are struggling for their political rights in:
(B) South Africa
(C) the Philippines ✓
71. Choose the synonyms of “Cataclysm”?
(B) Catastrophe ✓
72. What is Pakistan’s biggest export commodity?
(A) Textiles ✓
(B) Handmade Carpets
(C) Leather and Leather Products
(D) Sports Goods
73. Which country was the first to formally recognize Pakistan after Its creation?
(A) Saudi Arabia
(C) Iran ✓
74. Who wrote the book The Myth of Independence1?
(A) General Ayub Khan
(C) Zulfikar All Bhutto ✓
(D) Lt. Gen(r) Kamal Matinuddin
75. Which country mediated between Pakistan and India resulting in the Tashkent Declaration?
(A) USSR ✓
(C) the USA
76. Who was entrusted with the job of dividing the Army in 1947?
(A) Field Marshal Auchinleck ✓
(B) Field Marshal Montgomery
(C) Field Marshal Alan Brooke
(D) Field Marshal John Dill
77. On what date did the major earthquake hit the Northern Areas and Azad Kashmir in 2005?
(A) 8th, October ✓
(B) 8th, September
(C) 8th, August
(D) 18th, October
78. Which one of the following countries left the ‘Baghdad Pact’ in 1959?
(B) Iraq ✓
79. What is the meaning of the idiom/proverb: “To talk through one’s hat’.
(A) To speak fluently
(B) To talk nonsense ✓
(C) To talk wisdom
(D) To speak at random
80. Mount Kilimanjaro is located in:
(C) South America
(D) Africa ✓
81. When was Sui Gas first discovered in Pakistan?
(B) 1952 ✓
82. The 2016 ICC T-20 Cricket World Championship was won by:
(B) West Indies ✓
(D) New Zealand
83. In the field of IT, FTP stands for
(A) File Transfer Position
(B) File Transfer Protection
(C) File Transfer Protocol ✓
(D) File Transfer Platform
84. Penicillin was discovered by:
(A) Alfred Nobel
(B) Alexander Fleming ✓
(C) Louis Pasteur
(D) S.A. Waksman
85. The Headquarters of the World Trade Organization (WTO) is located in:
(D) Geneva ✓
86. What is the meaning of the idiom/proverb: To take with a grain of salt*.
(A) To take with some reservation ✓
(B) To Reject
(C) To take the whole heartedly
(D) To take seriously
87. Rafael Nadal is a famous player of:
(B) Tennis ✓
(C) Table Tennis
88. Find the odd one out: 10, 25, 45, 54, 60, 75, 80
(C) 54 ✓
89. Who held the portfolio of Finance in the first cabinet of Pakistan?
(A) I.I. Chundrigarh
(B) Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar
(C) Malik Ghulam Muhammad
(D) Zafarullah Khan ✓
90. Which year is called the year of sorrow (Anam-ul-Huzn)?
(A) 7th Nabvi
(B) 8th Nabvi
(C) 9th Nabvi
(D) 10th Nabvi ✓