PPSC Junior Computer Operator (BS-12) Solved Past Paper 2019
PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION WRITTEN TEST FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF JUNIOR COMPUTER OPERATOR (BS-12) HELD ON 10.02.2019
1. The term ‘Computer’ is derived from
(A) Latin ✓
2. Who is the father of Computer?
(A) Allen Turing
(B) Charles Babbage ✓
(C) Simur Cray
(D) Augusta Adaming
3. The basic operations performed by a computer are
(A) Arithmetic operations
(B) Logical operation
(C) Storage and retrieve
(D) AH the above ✓
4. Who is the father of Internet?
(A) Charles Babbage
(B) Vint Cerf ✓
(C) Denis Riche
(D) Martin Cooper
Vint Cerf. Widely known as a “Father of the Internet,” Cerf is the co-designer of the TCP/IP protocols and the architecture of the Internet. In December 1997, President Bill Clinton presented the U.S. National Medal of Technology to Cerf and his colleague, Robert E. Kahn, for founding and developing the Internet.
5. If a computer has more than one processor then it is known as .
(B) Multiprocessor ✓
6. A light sensitive device that converts drawing, printed text or other images into digital form is .
(B) Scanner ✓
(D) None of these
7. WWW stands for .
(A) World Whole Web
(B) Wide World Web
(C) Web World Wide
(D) World Wide Web ✓
8. A collection of system programs they controls and coordinates the overall operations of a computer system is called.
(A) System software
(B) Operating system ✓
(C) Utility program
(D) Device driver
9. What type of operating system MS-DOS is?
(A) Command Line Interface ✓
(B) Graphical User Interface
(D) Menu Driven Interface
10. Which technology is used mil compact disks?
(C) Electro magnetic
(D) Laser ✓
11. 1 Gigabyte is equal to ?
(A) 1024 bits
(B) 1000 megabytes
(C) 1024 kilobytes
(D) 1024 megabytes ✓
12. The brain of any computer system is_____.
(C) CPU ✓
(D) Control unit
13. Which of the following are components of Central Processing Unit (CPU) ?
(A) Arithmetic logic unit, Mouse
(B) Arithmetic logic unit, Control unit ✓
(C) Arithmetic logic unit, Integrated circuits
(D) Control Unit, Monitor
14. Analog computer works on the supply of______.
(A) Continuous electrical pulses ✓
(B) Electrical pulses but not continuous
(C) Magnetic strength
(D) None of the above
15. Which one is digital device, select from the choices below.
(A) Digital Clocks
(U) Automobile speed meter
(C) Clock with a dial and two hands
(D) All of them
16. The computer that processes both analog and digital is called .
(A) Analog computer
(B) Digital computer
(C) Hybrid computer ✓
(D) Mainframe computer
17. CD-ROM stands for_____.
(A) Compactable Read Only Memory
(B) Compact Data Read Only Memory
(C) Compactable Disk Read Only Memory
(D) Compact Disk Read Only Memory ✓
18. ALU is______.
(A) Arithmetic Logic Unit ✓
(B) Array Logic Unit
(C) Application Logic Unit
(D) None of above
19. VGA is ____.
(A) Video Graphics Array ✓
(B) Visual Graphics Array
(C) Volatile Graphics Array
(D) Video Graphics Adapter
20. MSI stands for .
(A) Medium Scale Integrated Circuits ✓
(B) Medium System Integrated Circuits
(C) Medium Scale Intelligent Circuit
(D) Medium System Intelligent Circuit
21. WAN stands for .
(A) Wap Area Network
(B) Wide Area Network ✓
(C) Wide Array Net
(D) Wireless Area Network
22. What is the main difference between a mainframe and a super computer?
A. Super computer is much larger than mainframe computers
B. Super computers are much smaller than mainframe computers
C. Supercomputers are focused to execute few programs as fast as possible while mainframe uses its power to execute as many programs concurrently
D. Supercomputers are focused to execute as many programs as possible while mainframe uses its power to execute few programs as fast as possible.
23. is called the father of modern digital computer.
(B) Blaise Pascal
(C) Charles Babbage ✓
(D) J.H Muller
24. Who is the father of Computer Science?
(A) Allen Turing ✓
(B) Charles Babbage
(C) Simur Cray
(D) Augusta Adaming
25. A CPU contains .
(A) a card reader and a printing device
(B) an analytical engine and a control unit
(C) a control unit and an arithmetic logic unit ✓
(D) an arithmetic logic unit and a card reader