General Knowledge important mcqs for NTS, NTS mcqs with answers
For more computer and MS Office, Synonyms & Antonyms, Direct Indirect, Pair of Words, Idioms, Active Passive Voice from English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Pak Affairs, Mathematics, Computer Sciences mcqs, Past Papers etc. Keep visiting us!
Important Lakes of the world – general knowledge mcqs relating to Lakes
1. The river Danube rises in which country?
2. Which US state has the sugar maple as its state tree and is the leading US producer of maple sugar?
3. Which country is nicknamed ‘The Cockpit of Europe’ because of the number of battles throughout history fought on its soil?
4. What is the capital of Libya?
5. Apart from French, German and Romansch, what is the fourth official language of the Switzerland?
6. Which country is the world’s largest producer of coffee?
7. In which city was the world’s first underground train was service opened in 1863?
8. How many pairs of ribs are there in the human body?
9. Which country is separated form Ethiopia by the Red Sea?
10. What is the main port of Italy?
11. Mount Logan is the highest peak in which country?
12. In which state is Harvard University?
Ans: New Jersey
13. Which is larger: Norway or Finland?
14. Which city was the first capital of the Kingdom of Italy until 1865?
15. What is measured by an ammeter?
Ans: Electric current
16. What is a rhinoceros horn made of?
17. Which three countries, apart from the former Yugoslavia, share borders with Greece?
Ans: Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey
18. The Palk Strait separates which two countries?
Ans: India and Sri Lanka
19. Ga is the symbol for which element?
20. In the Greek alphabet, what is the name for the letter O?
21. What, in the 16th and 17th century, was a pavana?
Ans: A dance
22. A nephron is the functional unit of which organ in the human body?
23. In which country is the ancient city of Tarsus?
24. The Khyber Pass links which two countries?
Ans: Afghanistan and Pakistan
25. Name the six US states that comprise New England.
Ans: Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts
26. Which musical instrument is played by both exhaling and inhaling?
Ans: Harmonica (or mouth organ)
27. The northern part of which country is called Oesling?
28. Napier is a city in which country?
Ans: New Zealand
29. What is the Hook of Holland?
Ans: A port in the southeast Netherlands
30. The river Douro forms part of the border between which two countries?
Ans: Spain and Portugal
Discussion about this post